If you are using an Android Phone you should already have set up a Gmail account to access all the features of your phone and the Google Play Store. Setting up your mobile phone to work with Google Voice can save you even more!
To get started, you'll need to register for a Google Voice Number. Registration is easy and FREE! Your Google Voice number will be tied to your GMail account. When registering you will be able to select from numbers within your area code. Once registered and assigned your number is where the savings begin.
Login to your Google Voice account and click on your new phone number. From here you will be able to direct calls to your number to several phones or none at all. Just click on "Add another Phone" and follow the instructions.
There are so many options available from Google Voice...here are some of the main features.
- All your Voicemail and Text Messages will automatically appear in your inbox (even missed calls)
- You can enable "Do Not Disturb" and all calls will go directly into voicemail.
- You can select which phones will ring when your Google Voice Number is called. You can even have specific phones ring for specific callers. This is huge! Say you are going to the beach for the day and don't want to be disturbed but you still want family or that important business contact to be able to reach you. You can go into the settings for your Google Voice Number and make it so your phone will only ring when specific numbers call you, all others are sent to voicemail.
- Make free calls from your computer with your Google Voice number
- FREE Texting
- Download the Google Voice App. for your Smartphone and your Google Voice number will appear on caller ID when you place calls. You can also send and receive FREE text messages from the app.
There are so many more benefits to using Google Voice in conjunction with your PrePay Cell Phone Plan. The video below is a great introduction to the service. Have questions? Leave your comments below and we'll do our best to answer them.